The White Heron currently holds its shows in a 74-seat tent on North Water Street near the Nantucket Whaling Museum. The young theater company has its offices in an 1850's house, but plans to expand and build a permanent theater by next season to become a year-round institution.
Michael Kopko and Lynne Bolton founded White Heron, acquiring a second-hand tent from Connecticut and seats from Kingdom Hall in New Orleans to house the performances for the 2013 summer. This year's August line-up includes Miracle on South Division Street by Tom Dudzick, Family Furniture by A.R. Gurney, and The Vandal by Hamish Linklater.
The Nantucket island was already occupied by a theater company, the Theatre Workshop, which was founded in 1956. Theatre Workshop uses the 120-seat Bennett Hall theater as well as the 75-seat black box, Centre Stage. The Theatre Workshop welcomes the new addition to the island.
To read the full story, visit The Boston Globe.