Chatting with Andy Leviss, Local 1 sound engineer, designer, and manufacturer
1. What was your path to becoming a sound designer? I actually started out acting when I was in junior high. One summer at camp, they wanted me to sing in a show, and I knew better, so I needed a fast excuse. I stammered that I couldn’t be in that show because I’d already promised to work backstage. I loved it and have been working on some aspect of backstage ever since. 2. What was the most challenging design problem you ever solved and how? It seems that, no matter what level of theatre ...
This content is free to access as a registered user on livedesignonline.com
Why register for livedesignonline.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Daily original news covering the latest in entertainment design and technology
- Features on the latest industry trends
- Insights from thought leaders in the industry
- The ability to view both pay-per-view and free recorded sessions from our live events including Master Classes, LDI and Envision