PLASA gave out several awards at LDI, including the Members’ Choice Product Awards, Rock Our World Awards, and Frank Stewart Award. T
The Members' Choice Products Awards went to Apollo Design Technology’s Wrenchmate 2 in the gadget category, with a tie in the equipment category between the LightConverse 3D Show Platform Version 52 and the ETC Source Four® Fresnel.
The Rock Our World Awards went to:
• The 83rd Annual Academy Awards involving A.C.T Lighting, Green Hippo, MA Lighting, PRG, and TMB
• ARRI for the ALEXA Digital Camera System
• Clay Paky for the Sharpy
• Coolux for the Widget Designer 3.0 PRO
• Disney's World of Color involving A.C.T Lighting, Christie, Clear-Com, Fisher Technical Services, Green Hippo, IATSE Local 33, MA Lighting, Meyer Sound Laboratories, PRG, Syncrolite, TMV, and Walt Disney Parks and Creative Entertainment
• Lex Products for the EverGrip Molded Motor Control Cables
• Unusual Rigging for Garsington Opera
A special posthumous award was presented to David I. Taylor, who rocked many people’s world. Taylor, who passed away in January, was a renowned theatre consultant and lighting designer who brought a passion and humanity to his work and life that inspired all those who came into contact with him.
The 2011 Frank Stewart Volunteer of the Year Award was presented to the members of the Production Equipment Rental Group (PERG) Council: Chair Marc Stephens (MPS Studios), Carly Barber (Illumination Dynamics), Leigh Blicher (Videofax), Charlie Davidson, Tom Fletcher (Fletcher Camera and Lenses), Greg Meyers (Cinequipt), JR Reid (JR Lighting), Scott Taylor (Taylor and Taylor Associates), Mark Tye (Citation Support), and Mark Wofford (Production Consultants & Equipment).