Sennheiser is taking advantage of Summer NAMM 2003 to launch the 900 Evolution Microphone Series targeted to professional performers and rental companies. Comprised of three wired mics - the E 935 and E 945 vocal microphones and E 903 instrument mic - the new range is particularly well suited for the most demanding live performance environments.
"Sennheiser has engineered the new Evolution 900 Series with the same outstanding fidelity and durability of some of our higher-end mics and are available to all serious performers at attractive Evolution prices," says Anthony Buzzeo, Sennheiser's wired microphone product manager. "Aside from offering fast transient response, musicians and engineers can be assured these mics will easily cut through high stage volumes and be virtually feedback-proof thanks to their flawless new capsule designs."
With a tapered, black handle and hip gunmetal blue grille, the 900 Series has a feel, look and sound its own. Not only do the mics look different from previous Evolution mics, but their capsule design will bring performers to new sonic heights. The two vocal mics feature shock-mounted capsules which minimize handling noise, while the rugged metal casings will stand up to the inevitable abuses of the road. The E 935 features a cardioid polar pattern and improved gain-before-feedback over its predecessor, the E 835, while the E 945 is a super-cardioid version, that picks up where its predecessor, the E845, left off.
The new E 903 cardioid snare drum mic is engineered to deliver outstanding frequency response while tolerating maximum sound pressure levels. It delivers a punchy transient response while accentuating the true character of the snare.
Established in 1945 in Wedemark, Germany, Sennheiser is the acknowledged world leader in microphone technology, RF-wireless and infrared sound transmission, headphone transducer technology, and most recently, in the development of active noise-cancellation.
Sennheiser Electronic Corporation is the U.S. wholly-owned subsidiary, with headquarters in Old Lyme, Connecticut.