NEW YORK, NY -- ESTA (Entertainment Services and Technology Association) is pleased to announce the finalists in the first ever Rock Our World Awards to be presented at the ESTA Annual Dinner & Ceremony at LDI 2008. The ESTA Rock Our World Awards were created to honor groundbreaking achievement by its members and to acknowledge the genius of both the creator of technology and the designer or integrator who applies the technology in a real world environment. With over 30 nominations, a screening panel narrowed the field to nine finalists. The finalists for the first annual Rock Our World Awards are:
- Aqua Visual FX Water Screen – Pyrotek Special Effects, Inc.
- AIR Roof System – Total Structures, Inc.
- STC Alloy Chain – SECOA
- Jands Vista PC as used in the Foxwoods MGM Resort Casino – A.C. Lighting Inc.
- Versa® RAY Screen at the 15th Asian Games – Element Labs Inc.
- Pharos LPC X on the Heathrow ‘Cloud’ – Carallon Limited
- Die Soldaten – Alcone Company, Barbizon Electric, IATSE Local One, J&M Special Effects, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Mountain Productions Inc., Production Resource Group, Rose Brand, Sapsis Rigging, Inc., Steeldeck, Inc.
- Tacoma Dome Lighting Grid System – Athletic & Performance Rigging (a division of Tiffin Scenic Studios, Inc.), Atlanta Rigging Systems, Entertainment Structures Group (a division of Steven Schaefer Associates, Inc.), Xtreme Structures & Fabrication
- Harrah’s Atlantic City Waterfront Tower – Philips Solid-State Lighting Solutions, Production Resource Group, Tim Hunter Design