The Santa Fe Opera, one of the most prestigious summer opera festivals worldwide, has invited Live Design/LDI to go backstage for a special weekend at the opera, July 5-7, 2013. Santa Fe production director Paul Horpedahl will coordinate the technical side of the weekend, with lighting designers Rick Fisher and Duane Schuler among the esteemed guest designers and in-house technical staff to participate in panels and backstage tours.
"We look forward to introducing you to the majestic beauty of Santa Fe and experiencing the fusion of nature and art in our open air opera house,” says Horpedahl. “I am excited to share the unique nuances of our venue and performing rep opera outdoors."
The Backstage Santa Fe Opera Weekend comprises (schedule subject to change):
• Performance of The Marriage of Figaro on Friday evening, July 5, preceded by welcome reception and buffet dinner
• Performance of Grand Duchess of Gerolstein, Saturday evening, July 6, preceded by buffet dinner;
• Q&A in the theatre following the performances;
• Run-through of La Donna del Lago (tentative);
• Backstage tours of the theatre, technical shops, and extensive campus;
• Panels with designers including lighting designers Rick Fisher and Duane Schuler; and panels with technical staff
Sunday, July 7: final panel and farewell brunch
The cost for the Santa Fe Opera Weekend is $1,295 ($1,495 after June 1), including two performances, two dinners, two lunches, and farewell brunch as well as backstage tours and panels with designers and tech staff.
Register today to be part of this extraordinary Backstage At The Opera weekend in Santa Fe, July 5-7, 2013..
(Photo: The Pearl Fishers, by Paul Horpedahl)