Legendary sound designer Abe Jacob once again serves as the head of the faculty for the annual Broadway Sound Master Classes, to be held May 20-22, 2011at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts in New York City. Jacob is back on Broadway this season with the sound design for Rain: A Tribute To The Beatles, which BSMC attendees will see on Friday evening, May 20 followed by a Q&A in the theatre.
The faculty for the 2011 BSMC includes:
• Acme Sound Partners: Plays on Broadway (Lombardi; The Motherf**ker With The Hat)
• Jonathan Deans (Sidemen; Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert)
• Bob McCarthy (Sound System Optimization)
• Brian Ronan (Book of Mormon; Anything Goes)
• Jon Weston (How To Succeed....)
• Shure Bros (Advanced RF Mic Training)
The BSMC includes a manufacturers showcase with leading sound manufacturers, as well as continental breakfast and lunch, a cocktail party, sound products of the year ceremony, a book signing for Abe Jacob’s USITT monograph, and an informal round-up with the designers to close the classes on Sunday, May 22.
Stay tuned to www.livedesignonline.com for full details and registration options on Live Design’s 2011 Broadway Master Classes in sound, projection, and lighting.