GreenScene® is proud to show its complete and growing line of ecologically sound Theatre Equipment at LDI 2008. The GreenScene product line began with Counterweight Rigging hardware and manually operated Stage Tracks because manpower has no carbon footprint. When you buy products that bear the GreenScene brand, you’re not just sourcing the finest theatre equipment available, you’re also casting a dollar vote for sustainability by reusing materials that would otherwise go to waste. Either way, you’re helping conserve the planet through responsible purchasing. GreenScene is a National Member of the US Green Building Council which supports Leadership in Energy and Environmental

Design (LEED). LEED, through its rating system, encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building anddevelopment. GreenScene products may be considered under MR Credit 4: Recycled content and future waste minimization.

For over 20 years Protech has been a leading designer and manufacturer of threatrical stage equipment with award- winning designs. Protech has now created a “green business culture” dedicated to finding eco-friendly solutions to serve the needs of the entertainment industry. GreenScene—because the planet matters.

12” Multi-line Head Block
Capacity 1500#, 50% Recycled 66 Nylon Content
CNC Machine Grooved (4,6 & 8 Lines)
Tapered Roller Bearing, Bio-blend Lubrication
ASTM Steel Side Plates and Base Angles w/90% Recycled Content
Industrial Organic Finish, 100% Recyclable

8” Multi-line Loft Blocks
Capacity 750#, 50% Recycled 66 Nylon Content
CNC Machine Grooved (1 & 2 Line)
Sealed Precision Bearing, Bio-blend Lubrication
ASTM Steel Side Plates and Base Angles w/90% Recycled Content
Industrial Organic Finish, 100% Recyclable

8” Loft Blocks
100% Recycled T6061 Aluminum, Recycled Nylon Carriers and End Pulleys. Renewable Cotton Hand Lines and Low VOC Finishes. Furnished with Neoprene Ball Bearing Tires. 100% Recyclable.

280 Box Traveller Track
100% Recycled T6061 Aluminum, Recycled Nylon Carriers and End Pulleys. Low-VOC Finishes. Furnished with Neoprene Ball Bearing Tires. Idlers and Spindles available for curved applications. 100% Recyclable.

500 HD I-Beam Track
100% Recycled T6061 Aluminum, Recycled Nylon Carriers and End Pulleys. Low-VOC Finishes. Idlers and Spindles available for curved applications. 100% Recyclable.

140 Cyclorama I-Beam Track
Tracks are supplied complete with all necessary accessories (CWANA), including master carriers, one individual carrier per foot, live and dead-end pulleys, end stops, hanging clamps, operating line, and adjustable floor pulley. If today is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two square miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add twenty-seven hundred tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000.

The US is the #1 trash producing country in the world at more than 1,600 pounds per person per year. This means that 5% of the world’s people generate 40% of the world’s waste. The United States produces 251 million tons of trash annually, yet only 82 million tons of material is recycled. Approximately 1 billion trees worth of paper are thrown away every year in the US. Producing recycled paper requires about 60 percent of the energy used to make paper from virgin wood pulp. Recycling plastic uses 80 percent less energy than manufacturing plastic from virgin materials. Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as burning it in an incinerator. If every American household recycled just one out of every ten HDPE bottles they used, we’d keep 200 million pounds of the plastic out of landfills every year.

Recycled plastic is also made into plastic lumber, clothing, flower pots, insulation for sleeping bags & ski jackets, car bumpers and now—GreenScene® Stage equipment. Recycling aluminum saves about 95% of the energy it would take to produce aluminum from its original source, bauxite. Recycling 1 ton of aluminum saves the energy equivalent of the amount of electricity used by the average home in 10 years. When you toss out one aluminum can you waste as much energy as if you’d filled the same can half-full of gasoline and poured it into the ground. Aluminum cans typically have a recycled aluminum content of about 55%
Americans throw away enough aluminum every month to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet. A steel mill using recycled scrap reduces related water pollution, air pollution and mining wastes by about 70%. About 70% of all metal is used just once and is discarded. The remaining 30% is recycled. After 5 cycles, one-fourth of 1% of the metal remains in circulation.