Avolites plans to launch its new Pearl Expert at PLASA 2006. This new, high performance console is based on the Pearl 2004 operating system, and powered by the new Intel Core™ Duo Processor. It features more submasters, more flash buttons, more power, optimized for use on larger and more demanding shows and events. The Pearl Expert also has an exceptionally high-speed button response, making it useful for take over and busking with timed palettes.
An additional five submaster playbacks make a total of 20, the most of any console in its class, ensuring every type of show, and user, has all the playbacks they need, instantly accessible. New ‘add’ and ‘swap’ buttons for the top row of faders allow easy, uncompromised placement of fixtures and dimmers, on all 60 preset faders.
Also new is a ‘color picker,’ a highly requested feature from the Diamond 4 console, giving instant rapid and intuitive control of CMY and colour mix devices. This is the first of many D4 features for future software releases in Pearl Expert.
A unique new ‘split roller’ separates the 20 submasters into two banks of 10 allowing live mix and match of memories, adding a new dimension to “buskability,” this feature is ideal for operators who enjoy being right “in the mix” with the band.
The internal hard disk gives virtually unlimited internal storage of shows. USB memory storage together with a CD/DVD rewriter (and a floppy disk drive) gives show portability and long-term backup. Pearl Expert includes the industry standard Ethernet protocols.
Along with Pearl Expert, the Pearl 2004 has been upgraded and is now known as the Pearl 2008, which includes USB memory storage and a USB connection to an external PC giving a wealth of new features.
Shows created using Pearl 2004, 2008 or Expert software are interchangeable and compatible.
Pearl Expert features:
• User friendly Pearl Operating system
• Powerful Engine, Dual Core, multi-threading processors
• Unique 'Split' roller for complex shows and festival busking
• Swap, Flash & Fixture buttons on all 60 Preset faders
• On screen Colour Picker for instant creation of colours
• Inbuilt hard disk, where show files are automatically stored & backed up
• Inbuilt CD/DVD read/write and USB Memory Pen connection
• Ethernet output to the standard protocols, ArtNet, Wendi & Avotalk
• Four fully isolated and protected DMX universes
• Full QWERTY Keyboard and mouse pad, fitted into console drawer
• Load and save Pearl 2004 files using the inbuilt floppy disk drive
• Full integral fixture library with over 1,500 fixture files
• New lightweight flightcase design, very strong, resilient plastic
• Dimmable console lamp
• High-quality long life faders used throughout