The Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is the Canadian Olympic Committee’s most prestigious annual event during which athletes, teams, coaches, and builders are honored and inducted. The event is also the official “Welcome Home” celebration for the Canadian Olympic Team following the Games. The 2012 gala was held at the Air Canada Center in Toronto. Artists such as Hedley, Marie-Mai, the Cirque du Soleil, and Randy Backman performed on stage, and eight Olympic legends were inducted.
BlackOut design was commissioned by the Canadian Olympic Committee to design the visual environment of the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. The light, the video, and the set design created by BlackOut gave a unique visual signature to this great event. The event's theme, "Achieving goals", was strongly expressed in the design. The pyramid shaped stage was video-mapped and surrounded by LED screens. The lighting and motion design animated and brought to life the whole set-up. The video content highlighted the Olympics great moments. The purpose was to put the athletes on the front line. The main challenge was to set up and program the whole show in 36 hours. With a great team and a lot of planning, the team delivered. Different artists were performing on stage, so an other great challenge was to adapt the environment to each performance, but to still respect the main theme.
Video equipment list:
- 1 Coolux Manager PRO
- 1 Coolux Widget Designer PRO
- 10 Coolux Media Player PRO
- 8 Barco HDX-W18
- 8 Christie Digital Roadster 20K
- 1200 Barco Stealth LED Panel 25mm
- 120 Solotech SLPRO 8 LED Panel 8mm
Lighting Equipment list:
- 3 MA Lighting grandMA
- 32 Philips Vari-Lite VL3500 Wash
- 20 Philips Vari-Lite VL3500 Spot
- 120 Philips Vari-Lite VL3000 Spot
- 30 Philips Vari-Lite VL2500 Spot
- 50 Philips Vari-Lite VL880 Spot
- 40 Philips Vari-Lite VL500T
- 100 Philips Color Kinetics Color Blast 12 RGB
- 50 Philips Color Kinetics Color Blasts 12 iW
- 50 ICD Elements KR10
- 30 Martin Professional Atomic 3000 with scroller
Rig Equipment list:
- 140 1-ton motor
- 200 16"x16" black truss 8'
Stage Equipment list:
- 150 risers 4'x8'
- 1 custom giant temple stairs case of 20' height
- Producer: Canadian Olympic Committee
- Production, Lighting, Video, Set Design: Blackout Design
- Lighting, Video, Audio, Rigging Provider: Solotech
- Staging, Automation Provider: Show Distribution