Pop-sensation, Helene Fischer, began her latest tour on September 18 in Hof, Germany. In association with German production company SOUNDHOUSE, the world-renowned team at TAIT provided the mainstage, lifting arm, as well as three lifts for the tour. TAIT Project Manager, Matthew Hales notes, “The project is a fantastic example how TAIT can reconfigure existing staging and automation elements to create a fresh new look at a more cost-effective price.” Project details as listed below.
• The mainstage measures 19.2m wide x 8.5m deep. Mainstage elements include: TAIT Mag Lock Decking with Taper Locking Legs, DS Runway, US Platform and Riser Platform Support, Access Stairs, Scenic Paint Treatment.
• The upstage platform measures 14.9m at 259cm. Upstage platform elements include: TAIT Mag Lock Decking with Taper Locking Poles, Integration of Riser Platforms and Staircase, Escape Stair, Handrail on Upstage Edge, Scenic Paint Treatment.
• The downstage runway measures 29.2m wide by 3.9m deep. Downstage runway elements include: Mag Lock Decking with Taper Locking Legs, SR & SL Ends, Integration of Lifting Arm and Scenic Paint Treatment.
• Riser platforms elements include: Multi-Level Riser platforms, TAIT Mag Lock Decking with Taper Locking Poles, Custom Decorative Handrail, Integration of Stairs to Each Level, Scenic Paint Treatment.
• A 12.4m Chromalloy Lifting Arm is hydraulically actuated. The arm is flushed with the stage when lowered and is able to pivot 360 degrees.
• A Flaggavator Lift travels from .23m to 3.05m with a top speed of 4m per second.
• Two Flaggapult Lifts travel from .23m to 3.05m with a top speed of 6m per second.
• All lifts are controlled by TAIT Navigator System.
CONTROL & POWER DISTRIBUTION
• Navigator computer automation control system; distributed automation control based on QNX servers; redundant E-Stop system for performer and personnel safety; real time monitoring of all effects and moves; shock mount transportation racks and cable transportation caddies.
SHIPPING & PACKAGING
• The entire show packs into approximately 3 ½ Euro Trucks.
ABOUT TAIT: Since 1978, TAIT has been building touring systems for the top entertainment acts in the world, working with clients such as U2, Rolling Stones, Metallica and beyond. TAIT also serves as the global leader in the production of LED and scenic elements for the live event and architectural markets, as well as the provider of automation and control equipment for the theatrical, motion picture, touring production and themed attraction markets. With TAIT offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Japan and China, clients across the globe are assured a unique blend of revolutionary technology, high-quality craftsmanship and personalized service.