Robert Scovill, who has mixed over 3,000 events during his 30-year live sound and recording career, will serve as the featured keynote speaker. Scovill's engineering and production expertise has been enlisted by a host of musical talents including Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Matchbox Twenty, Prince, Rush and Def Leppard. In addition to lecturing throughout the world on concert sound and recording practices, Scovill also serves on the board of advisors for the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences (CRAS), where he was instrumental in developing The Complete Front of House Engineer course. He has been recognized with multiple awards including six TEC awards for technical excellence and creative achievement in sound reinforcement.
Also presenting are Sennheiser and industry veterans Mick Whelan, Chris Spahr, Kent Margraves, Kevin Jungk, and Joe Ciaudelli. Following are details for those wanting to attend:
• When: Tuesday, January 12, 2011, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Where: Anaheim Hilton, Anaheim, California
• Cost: $199 registration rate includes a continental breakfast, lunch and workshop materials. Attendees will receive a $50 coupon good toward the purchase of any Senneiser product. Call 860-434-9190 ext 141 for student and group discounts.
This exclusive seminar is for both audio professionals and amateurs including venue engineers, musicians, promoters and production managers, employees of audio manufacturers and service providers, and math and science students interested in sound and acoustics.
A wide range of topics will be covered including:
• Live sound fundamentals, challenges and solutions
• Instrument and vocal microphone selection and placement techniques
• Wireless system planning and coordination
• Using wireless personal monitoring systems: mixing, stereo, focus, engineering mode, combining systems and more
• New speaker technologies
For those interested in expanding their live sound engineering skills, this event is not to be missed. To find out more, call (860) 434-9190, ext. 141.