Multiple new features from LIGHTCONVERSE were shown at the recent Prolight+Sound fair in Frankfurt, Germany, including a Virtual TV studio demonstration of how a LIGHTCONVERSE Server Studio hardware platform is used to facilitate the pre-production process for the Ukrainian version of the popular X-Factor show.
- The show's pre-visualization was performed in highly realistic real-time by LIGHTCONVERSE, which drove the main production screen along with screens showing three different camera views. In addition, a live HD video camera placed visitors to the booth directly into the virtual show. The demo included live video feed from a Green Hippo media server (using Hippo Net) with virtual lighting being controlled by an Avolites Pearl Expert console.
Other powerful features shown at PL+S 2012 included:
- A Live Tracking System demonstration in which visitors within a 50 meter radius of the booth were automatically followed by Coemar ACL moving-heads which were fed location tracking information from LIGHTCONVERSE via two Laser Radar measuring devices. - 3D Mapping possibilities demonstration:
- 3D Mapping possibilities demonstration:LIGHTCONVERSE Server Studio additionally drove five projectors to demonstrate live rendering and mapping possibilities. The 3D Mapping Engine is used to solve common video projection problems such as shooting video or images onto objects of any geometric complexity. By first mapping onto a replicated virtual 3D model of a real-world object within LIGHTCONVERSE and then sending the correctly mapped video from the computer to the real-world projectors, 3D Mapping has never been so easy.
- 3D Stereo demonstration by nVision technology: Multiple stereo 3D Glasses modes allow for viewing of your 3D show in 3D for a truly immersive and breathtaking 3D experience for you and your client.
- Improved Vectorworks connectivity was also shown: Now you can do your full design and all paperwork in Vectorworks before exporting fixtures and 3D models directly to LIGHTCONVERSE to see your work truly come alive.
With Frame Rates from between 25 to 60 frames per second when running up to 1536 fixtures, LIGHTCONVERSE 3D Show Platform provides a powerful photo-realistic solution for integrating and visualizing multiple show related disciplines in real-time, including lighting, video (in and out), 3D Mapping, laser, pyro, water effects and moving objects.