Company Switches provide access to high amounts of electrical power, typically 60 Amps and above, in venues including theaters, convention centers, studios and arenas, where the equipment utilized changes on a regular basis. Similar to Lex Products’ original PowerGATE Company Switches, which offer a combination of Cam-type and lug connections in one lockable, compact wiring chamber, the new pin and sleeve models provide a lug connection combination, as well.
IEC 60309 pin and sleeve wiring devices are constructed for durability and built to an international configuration standard, and have become a more popular choice in recent years for entertainment venues. Another benefit of IEC 60309 pin and sleeve wiring devices is that unlike Cam-type cables, these do not require qualified personnel for installation.
All Lex Products’ PowerGATE Company Switches are 3 Phase, 120/208Y VAC, and provide several features and benefits for enhanced safety and convenience. A few key advantages include:
• PowerGATE Company Switches are UL Listed for entertainment applications in the U.S. and Canada and meet all National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements
• Electronic circuit breaker with 65,000 AIC (Amps Interrupting Capacity) Rating for resettable overcurrent protection
• Lockable door to prohibit access to receptacles and unauthorized use
• Patented design, which includes automatic shut-off feature, to prevent making or breaking connections under load
• Choice of lug and Cam-type or pin and sleeve connection combinations for greater equipment flexibility