The Christie Vista URS-1608 fulfills the need for a format-independent router switch in a multi-format world. "Most routing switchers require all sources and destinations to be the same format. If your input source doesn't match your output display, you need peripheral hardware to process and convert it before the router can do its job," explains Vista Systems' President Clark Williams.
"However, this is not the case with the Christie Vista URS-1608. You can do all your processing in the switcher itself and route it to any destination -- super fast and easy. The Christie Vista URS-1608 packs an amazing amount of power in a very small package, so you can work with fewer wires and boxes and less rack space -- and a lot less hassle."
As a matrix switcher that routes and processes, the Christie Vista URS-1608 can replace an entire rack of scalers, transcoders, interlacers, aspect-ratio converters and frame-rate converters with just one device. It handles any input-output combination of computer and video formats with ease, including analog/digital, interlaced/progressive, and high/low resolution. With built-in integrated source monitoring and sophisticated keying, the Christie Vista URS-1608 accepts sources from analog composite to digital 2560 x 1600 and seamlessly routes them to any destination display. No matrix switcher can do that.
Unlike a standard matrix switcher, the Christie Vista URS-1608 performs all the processing to match the source to the output, including scaling, aspect-ratio, color-space and frame-rate conversion. Taking signals in any format, the Christie Vista URS-1608 then seamlessly routes, keys and layers the signal independently onto any output display. Built-in source monitoring enables users to keep an eye on all inputs simultaneously in real-time on a single output.
The Christie Vista URS-1608 is designed to simplify routing and processing in a small, user-friendly form factor. Features include:
* Universal Input-Output Capabilities -- Mix and match multiple formats with a single piece of equipment
* Input capability - 16 inputs that can be a mix of analog BNC and DVI signals
* Output capability - 8 outputs that natively support any display from component analog
480i to digital 4K
* Built-in conversion for analog/digital, interlaced/progressive, resolution, aspect ratio and frame rate -- Seamlessly route any source to any user-configurable output and define properties for each output independent of each signal
* Integrated Source Monitoring -- View in real-time all 16 sources connected to URS-1608 inputs on a single output, tiled into a 4x4 array
* Overlay (Key) Capability -- Layer multiple inputs onto each output to create background/foreground transitions, PIP windows, bugs, lower-third titling, tickers, messaging, sign windows and more
* Image Capture/Still Store functionality
* A single point of control for all processing and signal distribution functions from the front panel PC via Ethernet or external control system.
The Christie Vista URS-1608 has even more features to enhance its operation and performance: auto set-up, an intuitive GUI, and simple cohesive control of all functions as well as redundant, hot-swappable power supplies, optional URS-IBSS High Speed Infiniband Still Store Server and optional stereoscopic support.
"The Christie Vista URS-1608 meets the routing and processing needs of a multi-format world in a single, powerful solution that is extremely fast and easy to use," says Williams. "Enthusiastic customers are already embracing our latest innovation."
For more information on the Christie Vista URS-1608, visit the ISE 2009 online press kit at
www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/ChristieISE2009 or come see Christie at ISE in Hall 1; Booth H53.
Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., is a leading provider of visual solutions for world-class organizations across business, entertainment, and industry. An innovator in film projection since 1929 and a pioneer in digital projection systems since 1979, Christie is recognized globally as the world's single source manufacturer of a variety of display technologies and solutions. With the acquisition of Vista Controls Systems, Corp., Christie offers the most complete and advanced solutions for cinema, live venues, control rooms, business presentations, training facilities, 3D and Virtual Reality, simulation, and education, industrial, and government environments. Christie is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc., Japan, (JP: 6925). For more information, visit www.christiedigital.com.