Cirque du Soleil is seeking automation mechanics and heads of automation for North American, Asia-Pacific, and European tours. Responsibilities include:
- Operate automation systems during shows;
- Ensure the safety and security of automation equipment;
- Inspect and maintain all automation equipment;
- Conduct research and development for equipment improvement;
- Coordinate activities and supervise personnel during the setup and tear-down.
- College diploma in live entertainment, theatre production or electronics (or the equivalent);
- Relevant work experience in automation systems on shows;
- Technical knowledge of automation systems (PLC, AC motor control, slave systems, control loops, electrical systems);
- General knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems;
- Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show;
- Personnel management experience an asset;
- Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries
Cirque is also seeking a technical director for its North American, Asia-Pacific, and European tours.
Reporting to the Tour Manager and working under the functional authority of the Technical Operations Director, you will be required to:
- Manage all aspects of technical stage operations (sound, lighting, sets, rigging, automation, projection and other);
- With Technical Services, maintain concept integrity in terms of technical elements;
- Supervise the application of emergency measures and workplace health and safety measures according to the laws in effect;
- Manage the Technical Department’s personnel and budget;
- Manage technical equipment (maintenance, modifications and replacements);
- Plan and implement technical team operations;
- Supervise the hiring of temporary technical resources;
- Manage Technical Department staff;
- Train and integrate new employees;
- Ensure follow-up on artistic instructions;
- Manage technical crew schedules and rotations;
- Assist with audio and visual recordings required by the Producer;
- Assist with setup and tear-down.
- College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment or theatre production (or equivalent work experience);
- Ten years’ experience in show business technical management;
- Experience in personnel and budget management;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications for Windows;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
- Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
For detailed decription of this regular position, check out the Cirque website at www.cirquedusoleil.com under the "Join Cirque" section.
Cirque offers remuneration programs and competitive bonuses. Tax incentives, lodging, food and transportation are also provided.