Live Design will host the first-ever Electronic Dance Music Master Classes in Los Angeles, December 9 and 10 at Avalon Hollywood, with production designer Steve Lieberman (Ultra Music Festival, Electric Daisy Carnival) and VJ/visual designer Vello Virkhaus (Amon Tobin, Krewella) serving as co-creative consultants.
Topics will include:
• Electric Daisy Carnival: festival logistics for producing a large-scale event (video below)
• Performance Visuals: Pixel Mapping, processing and live performance
• Experiential design: from sketch to reality
• Driving visuals with music metadata and creating audio-reactive compositions
• Venues in the EDM world, from the lounge to the massive club experience
• The EDM history and evolution: from warehouse to stadium, from sub-culture to mainstream
• Building structures: integrating lighting and video into cohesive system
Speakers include lighting and video pros Surya Buchwald AKA "Momo The Monster" (Deadmau5 Unhooked), "Disco" Donnie Estopinal (Disco Donnie Presents), Alyxzander Bear, Forrest Hunt and Justin Spagg from Insomniac Events (Electric Daisy Carnival), John Lyons (Avalon, Spider Club), lead fabricator Stefano Novelli (Skrillex Spaceship), Peter Sistrom (V Squared Labs, Name The Machine) and projection maven Tim LaValley (Steve Aoki's Identity Festival).
Click here for more information and to register.
Electric Daisy Carnival 2013. Photo Credit: Adam Kaplan, ASK Media Productions