Don't miss Shannon Slaton's tech talk at the 2012 Broadway Sound Master Classes as he tackles the subjects of Virtual Mixing, Virtual Sound Check, and RF Coordination, and answers the question: what you can do before and outside of tech to make tech run smoothly.
· Discuss how a mixer can practice mixing a show to gain the muscle memory needed to mix the show perfectly.
· Discuss techniques of Virtual Sound Check including equipment and software that can be used.
· Discuss the goals of Virtual Sound Check.
· Discuss how designers and mixers can have different needs with Virtual Sound Check.
· Discuss RF Coordination and the pitfalls involved.
· Discuss a strategy for coordinating frequencies.
Slaton has designed tours of Shrek, Hairspray, The Producers, The Full Monty, The Wizard Of Oz, The Drowsy Chaperone, and The Wedding Singer. On Broadway, he has mixed Jersey Boys, The Drowsy Chaperone, Spring Awakening, Fela!, Anything Goes, and Legally Blonde.0false18 pt18 pt00falsefalsefalse
He is also the author of Mixing a Musical: Broadway Theatrical Sound Techniques.