Creative consultants Jules Fisher and Abe Jacob have announced the faculty and preliminary schedule for the 2006 Live Design Master Classes.
The Broadway Lighting Master Classes (BLMC), to be held May 22-24 at NYU's Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, program and faculty:
- The Light In the Piazza, performance and discussion at Lincoln Center Theatre
- Jules Fisher: The Art of Lighting
- Beverly Emmons and Clifton Taylor: Using Color
- Brian MacDevitt: Lighting Design for The Wedding Singer
- Peggy Eisenhauer: Cueing the Musical
- Howell Binkley: Lighting Design for Jersey Boys
- Philip Rosenberg: Associate Lighting Design for Spamalot
- Broadway Technology Panel with leading manufacturers
- Christopher Akerlind: Lighting Design for The Light In the Piazza
- Wendall Harrington: Projection and the Lighting Designer
The Broadway Sound Master Classes (BSMC), May 19-21 at Abe Burrows Theatre, Tisch School of the Arts, program and faculty:
- The Drowsy Chaperone, performance and discussion at The Marquis Theatre.
- Rick Thomas, Professor of Sound Design, Purdue University: What's Being Taught About Sound Design in the University
- Tom Clark and Nevin Steinberg, Acme Sound Partners: The Drowsy Chaperone Sound Design
- Steve Bush and Todd Meier of Meyer Sound: Fundamentals of System Design and Optimization
- Peter Hylenski: Sound Design for The Wedding Singer
- Jon Weston: Sound Design for The Color Purple
- David Bullard: Implementation of Sound Effects in the Venue
- Steve Kennedy: Sound Design for Jersey Boys
- John Shivers: Sound Design for Tarzan
For updated information and to register for the event, visit http://livedesignonline.com/broadwaymasterclasses.