As part of its comprehensive professional training program, LDI2008 has added a portfolio review in lighting and projection to its schedule this year. Undergraduate student designers who are looking for graduate schools or jobs and graduate students or recent grads who are looking for jobs can have their portfolios reviewed by professional designers at LDI on Sunday October 26,2008 from 1pm-3pm. Every student and young designer who registers will get a free VIP floor pass for the show. Brackley Frayer, chair of the theatre department at UNLV, is coordinating the portfolio review.
Designers, industry professionals, and professors who have all ready agreed to participate in reviewing portfolios include:
* John Barnett, operations production manager, Zumanity/Cirque du Soleil
* Mike Mattox, operations production manager, Mystere/Cirque du Soleil
* Dean Moye operations production manager, Believe /Cirque du Soleil
* Steve Woods: Southern Methodist University
* Stan Kaye: University of Florida
* Brackley Frayer: University of Nevada, Las Vegas
* Christien Methot, design one corporation
* Herrick Goldman and Susan Nicholson, HG Lighting Design
* Bob Bonniol and Sean Cagney, Mode Studios
* Jim Gage, University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory
* Tom Munn, UC Davis
For additional information and registration, please email Brackley Frayer at email@example.com.
And beginning this year, brought to you in a fully online version by the editors of Live Design, is The LDI Show Daily—featuring show news on a daily basis.