Nemetschek launched Vectorworks 2013 today in a press conference that previewed new features to the media.
After introductions and company updates from PR specialist Lisa Lance, CEO Sean Flaherty, and CTO Dr. Biplab Sarkar, Jeremy Powell, director of prouduct marketing, presented the many new features of the software.
Check out lighting designer Kevin Lee Allen's look at the new Clip Cube feature in VW2013:
Here are a few highlights:
- Improved navigation graphics
- Panning and zooming improvements for faster graphic redraw
- Faster previews while rotating
- Full 3D perspective view available as a modeling mode
- Enhanced clip cube mode that allows view of obstructed objects without having to adjust visibility settings
- Enhanced graphical feedback while rotating objects
- New surface array command for complex or simple arrays
- New and enhanced building commands
- Enhanced user interfaces
- Additional export options and interoperability, including compatibility with Rhino, added support for DWF and DWG files, and more
- Improved efficiency and organization elements
- New hyperlink feature
- Unlimited labels and fields for instruments
- Ten times faster lighting instrument refreshing and regeneration
- New appearance attributes enhancements for instruments, clamps, and other accessories
- New non-blocking rendering
- New textures from Arroway Textures
- Maxon Cinema 4D export enhancements...intelligent merge/change dialog box
Vectorworks 2013 will be officially launched tomorrow.