Stage Research has announced the release of SoftPlot 9.2 with many new features designed to expand the functionality of the popular graphical design software that enables lighting designers to plot lighting and manage paperwork at all levels of the industry.
“With SoftPlot 9.2 we have grown the capabilities of the software, increased compatibility and responded to users' suggestions for ways to enhance the SoftPlot experience,” says Stage Research cofounder Carlton Guc.
Leading numerous additions to SoftPlot 9.2 is compatibility with Windows 7 and Windows Vista. A new html Help viewer displays SoftPlot Help documents on Vista and later operating systems.
Access to the older version of the DXF Import menu command has also been included for compatibility with certain types of DXF files, including importing SoftPlot DXF export files.
The Graphic Symbol Editor has also been revamped. Symbol line items may now have individual color attributes assigned to them. Instruments and graphic symbols placed on a drawing have the choice of being displayed in their object color or in colors defined in the Graphic Symbol Editor.
Among other SoftPlot 9.2 features are:
* A DMX Universes tab added to the Data Editor makes it easier to patch instruments to multiple DMX universes
* Five additional DMX Controllable Instrument Accessories: Fan, Power, DMX Iris, Effects Loop, and the assignable DMXAccy 1
* Automated Instruments may now be assigned DMX Accessories and set their own DMX and Channel attributes
* Addition of a Gel Sheet Count report
* Color attributes are now offered for all drawing items; the display may be toggled between Color by Layer or Color by Object
* Saved Views permit current view settings for recall at any time
* Group Move now moves the Instrument Focus Points
* When the Lighting Position tools Pre-Rigged Truss and Pre-Rigged Pipe are selected, clicking on the Default Attributes Grid, Instrument Type item will display the Instrument menu for quick selection of the desired fixture type for placement on the Pre-Rigged item
* A Styled Selection Rectangle provides better viewing of what's in the selection
* Printing of the Focus Status view of the drawing
* A printable Hang Status mode enables toggling on and off for fixtures hung or pre-hung
* Display for Lighting Instruments and Object Color Setting have been added to Default Attributes Grid
* Changes to the way missing images on a drawing are handled
* A quantity option added to the Shop Order Report to include items in inventory and items on a drawing
* A Video Record function added to the 3D View Camera Settings to record the 3D view to an .avi file
* A link in the Inventory Tree List added to the currently selected inventory for additions and changes
* The File Utility to save inventory in the Light Shop Online format now has a selection of which Inventory Data to save including a Save-All option
* A Preference added to the Project Properties settings which suppresses the display of the DMX-ending address for DMX instruments
Stage Research software is subscription based and all upgrades are free for the first year after purchase. After that first year the subscription for SoftPlot is $195. Users can choose to renew or not. If they renew, they continue to get all new updates for free. If they choose not to renew, the program will continue to work, but they will not be able to upgrade until they subscribe again.
About Stage Research
Stage Research is the developer of SFX, Soft Plot, Light Factory, ShowBuilder: Sound Design and other audio and lighting software. For more information, visit our website at www.StageResearch.com.