Kinetic Lighting is set to host its sixth annual open house on March 20. This day of networking, demos, food and performances has become an essential item on lighting pros' calendars each year -- as much about celebrating friends, colleagues and ideas as it is about showcasing product innovation in a pressure-free environment.
The event attracts lighting designers, event producers, promoters, event planners, cinematographers, gaffers, programmers, technicians, rental agents, teachers and students. The day includes hearty free food, including veggie options, from the Habit Truck, plus an open bar. A live performance comes from the industry's own rock band Staggering Jack. And a raffle includes prizes like a new iPad mini.
Attendees will get a rare opportunity to see the latest equipment side-by-side. Showcases include:
- LED strobes (including Showline, SGM, Martin, and Elation fixtures)
- Display-head moving lights (Martin’s new Quantum and Clay Paky’s B-Eye)
- LED cyc lights (including Altman, Chauvet, and ETC fixtures)
- Moving lights with framing shutters (including Martin, Vari*Lite, and Elation fixtures)
- White-light LED fixtures (including Chroma-Q and Philips Color Kinetics fixtures)
- Pixel-mapping LED tape (GLP)
- Outdoor-rated moving light (SGM’s G-Spot)
- Small moving wash lights (including Clay Paky and Elation fixtures)
- Console Q&A sessions (GrandMA 2, Hog 4, and ETC’s Ion family)
- Small, hard-edge LED moving lights (including Elation, GLP, and Martin RUSH fixtures)
- Micro LED fixtures (including Darklight fixtures)
While the event is free, those interested in attending should RSVP at: http://bit.ly/1ljR7h3