“JBL began offering loudspeakers for club use back in the 1970s, and JBL products helped define club sound when the industry was just beginning,” noted Jon Sager, Senior Manager, Installed Sound, JBL Professional. “The JBL Marquis Dance Club Series continues this heritage of innovation with a range of purpose-designed loudspeakers that bring high-impact sound to club goers who want to feel and hear all the excitement of the music.”
Models in the JBL Marquis Dance Club Series include the following:
• MD1 ultrahigh-frequency module (2 x JBL Selenium ST400 super tweeters)
• MD2 horn-loaded 8-inch mid-high-frequency module (2 x 2169H Differential Drive® mid-frequency transducers and one 2453H-SL compression driver, 90-degree horizontal coverage and up 20-degree and down 30-degree vertical coverage
• MD3 horn-loaded low-frequency module (2 x 2265H Differential Drive low-frequency transducers)
• MD46 4-way quad-amplified full-range system (2 x 2265H 15-inch woofers, CMCD-82H mid-frequency driver, 2432H compression driver and two ST400 super tweeters; 60 x 40-degree coverage pattern)
• MD49 4-way quad-amplified full-range system (2 x 2265H 15-inch woofers, CMCD-82H mid-frequency driver, 2432H compression driver and two ST400 super tweeters; 90 x 50-degree coverage pattern)
• MD52 2-way full-range system (12-inch 262H Differential Drive woofer, 2408H-1 compression driver operating into a 90 x 50-degree Progressive Transitionâ„¢ horn)
• MD55 2-way full-range system (15-inch 265H Differential Drive woofer, 2408H-1 compression driver operating into a 90 x 50-degree Progressive Transition horn)
• MD7 subwoofer (2 x 18-inch 2269H Differential Drive subwoofers with four-inch, dual-voice-coil, dual-gap Vented Gap Cooling drivers)
The MD1, MD2, MD3 and MD7 ultra-high, mid-high-frequency, low-frequency and subwoofer modules can be combined to create a complete 5-way loudspeaker system that delivers extended high-frequency, high-frequency, midrange, bass and sub-bass capability, with frequency response down to 20Hz and the ability to effortlessly deliver high volume levels in large spaces. The MD1 provides frequency response from 8kHz to beyond 20kHz, the MD2 handles frequencies from 300Hz to 20kHz, while the MD3 provides frequency response from 80Hz to 300Hz and the subwoofer is capable of generating bass down to 25Hz. The JBL Marquis Dance Club Series MD46, MD49, MD52 and MD55 are standalone, full-range loudspeakers that can be used in a variety of room sizes and applications.
The systems feature a distinctive grille design and system appearance, making them suitable for the interior décor of high-design club environments.
JBL Marquis Dance Club Series loudspeakers incorporate a host of the company's most advanced and proven technologies to deliver extraordinary sound quality and reliable long-term operation. The heavy-duty subwoofers, woofers and midrange drivers employ JBL Differential Drive technology, which employs two voice coils and two magnetic gaps rather than the single drive coil of conventional drivers. This configuration provides higher peak output with less power compression, for consistent sound quality even at high volume levels. The subwoofers utilize JBL Vented Gap Cooling as well as Differential Drive technology, which pumps air through the woofer's magnetic gap and directly over and around the voice coil to provide immediate heat transfer and reduce operating temperature, further reducing power compression and enabling greater dynamic capability.
The new 2453H-SL, 2432H and 2408H-1 compression drivers utilize lightweight neodymium magnet structures. The 2453H-SL utilizes a damped laminate diaphragm, facilitating smoother frequency response. All compression drivers operate in conjunction with JBL's exclusive Progressive Transitionâ„¢ waveguides for high efficiency along with extremely low distortion and optimized pattern control. JBL's Selenium ST400 super tweeters offer articulate, long-throw high-frequency enhancement, making them ideal for use in clubs and larger venues.
JBL Marquis Dance Club Series loudspeakers are built to the highest standards to withstand continuous, demanding professional use, with ruggedized cabinet coverings and durable metal grilles. The MD52 and MD55 offer built-in handles, pole mounts and OmniMount ®-compatible mounting points, as well as multiple M10 attachment points and additional installation-friendly features.
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity® JBL®, Lexicon® and Mark Levinson®. The Company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 20 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 11,800 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $3.5 billion for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010. The Company's shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.